5.14.2016

Quick Review of Avarice by Annie Bellet

Review by Lyn Perry

A quick impression rather than a review, actually. To start, I really liked this short novel, Avarice by Annie Bellet. Sort of a "Law & Order: Fantasy Guild" kind of story. What a great mash-up. If this blend of crime/mystery and alt/medieval fantasy has been done before, I haven't noticed, so I thought it original and new and very well done. Bellet is a solid writer, pacing an intriguing storyline while remaining witty and descriptive. A refreshing take on two of my favorite genres.

I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads, which says it's Book 1 in the Pyrrh Considerable Crimes Division series. But so far, no Book 2. I hope there are more novels in this fantasy world coming soon.

<><>
PS Subscribe to my sf/f newsletter and receive an e-book as a thank you gift.