8.05.2009

2 Questions for Stoney M. Setzer

Interviewing Stoney Setzer, a middle school special education teacher near Atlanta, GA. Stoney’s works have appeared in Dragons, Knights & Angels and ResAliens (most recently, "Square Peg") among other publications.

1. What are you reading?

I'm currently reading When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker. My genre interest runs more toward harder-to-classify, "Twilight Zone" type spec-fic that focuses on ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. To give you an idea, three of my all-time favorite books are The Oath by Frank Peretti, Thr3e by Ted Dekker, and The Twilight Zone: The Original Stories, an anthology containing some of the original short stories later adapted into episodes of the classic series ("To Serve Man," "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", etc.).

2. What are you writing?

As for current projects, I always have at least a couple of short stories going. I'm in talks with the editor of ResAliens [RA Note: That's me! :-) ] to publish an anthology of 15 of my stories. I have a novel I'm working on as well, but it's sort of slow going right now. I'm also starting a youth drama ministry in my church called "Stage Right."

RA: Thanks, Stoney! I'm excited about launching ResAliens Press with your anthology. Best wishes in all your projects.

No comments: